Who am I outside of being your photographer?
Here is a little bit about the guy behind the camera. My life journey started back in April of 1987 when I was born on a humble Thursday morning in the bustling Kansas metropolis of Salina to my proud parents Greg and Kay. My early years were filled with legos, erector sets, hours of drawing everything from towering skyscrapers to my spunky little cat Tiger. It wasn’t until high school that I got my first camera though, and from that moment on I loved being behind the camera, especially because it meant I didn’t have to be in front of it.
Today I own a small house in Manhattan where I have lived for the past seven fun-filled years. I have a deep respect for the city of Manhattan and bleed purple through and through, although that is not to say I don’t appreciate my rock chalk clients as well. For now it is just me, and my spastic dog Delilah, who seems to have more energy than a five year old on a sugar high. While I can easily say that photography is my full time obsession, sadly I cannot say that it is my full time career. I moonlight as a GeekSquad Double Agent, yes that guy who drives the little bug around and wears a badge and tie, which keeps me plenty busy when I am not capturing some amazing moments with my clients.
I suppose that is the gist of the story, so I will leave you with a list of some of my favorite things and guilty pleasures.
- I am a geek through and through.
- If you can put peanut butter on it then count me in.
- I secretly don’t hate chick flicks and you wont catch me arguing when going to the movies.
- I like to think of myself as a creative engineer, and in my mind neither form nor function should have to play second fiddle.
- If I could have been born in any time period it would have been the 1950s.
- I absolutely love live music.
- I would take a rainy day over a sunny one any day of the year.
- I dread the summers because of how addicted I am to college football and basketball.
- I am that weirdo that goes on vacation only to come home more tired than when he left.
- I love to be right.
- I may not look it, but I live to be outdoors in nature just taking in the beauty of it all.
- If I could meet one person from history it would be Teddy Roosevelt.
- If you go on a trip with me be prepared to hear “last picture I promise…. click click click“
You must be logged in to post a comment.